Greek vegan zucchini blossoms – Greek cuisine isn’t all about meat & tsatsiki. Anna from Halkidiki showed me how to cook this delicious & beautiful dish! And this all in Pohlheim, Germany – 2000km north from her hometown.
- Soak buckwheat and rice in cold water over night, this reduces the overall cooking time later
- Sauté chopped onions in hot olive oil
- Add rice & bulgur and fry for 3 minutes, keep stirring
- Add some water and cook for about 5 minutes
- Let it cool down a bit
- Add chopped mint, tomatoes & parsley
- Season with salt & pepper
- Fill into blossoms & close by folding the edges
- Place in pot over Wlita or wine leaves & sparkle with lemon juice
- Add some water and cook on low heat around 5-10 minutes
- 12 zucchini blossoms
- 75g round rice
- 75g buckwheat
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato (without seeds)
- 4 tbs good native olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs chopped mint
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- optional Wlita or wine leaves
Makes 12 blossoms as starter
Show me some love, follow & like me!
Want to leave a comment? Do it here!