Did you know that the original Italian Carbonara recipe doesn’t contain any cream? Here is how you prepare it the traditional way!
- Cook spaghetti al dente in salt water – in the meantime prepare sauce
- Fry cut porcetta into small pieces and slowly fry with garlic in pan until slightly crisp
- Grind cheese (keep 50g for serving) and add 3 complete eggs & 2 egg yolks
- Add fresh pepper & mix
- Take garlic out & turn off heat
- Lift al dente spaghetti directly from pot into pan
- Mix up with procetta & oil in pan
- Add cheese egg mixture and mix up
- Texture should be creamy and not dry, if that’s the case – add some spaghetti water to wet the spaghetti
- Serve immediately with some additional cheese if desired
- 500g spaghetti
- 100g Pecorino
- 100g Parmigiana
- 5 fresh eggs
- 1 garlic clove (slightly smashed)
- 150g Porcetta
- Fresh black pepper
Serves 4 person
Show me some love, follow & like me!
Looking for quick cooking after work and follow the recipe for carbonara. Tasty, comfy and super easy to make! Wish I can upload my food photo too!
Glad you like it Sian, I’m posting the recipe soon on Facebook, please post your picture there. Thanks and stay hungry for more. Your Chef Thore